Additional Fees

Arvest doesn't even deserve one star!I've been an Arvest customer for over 10 years, but have made the decision recently to close all my accounts, as their customer service in Tulsa, OK is horrible.

Banking center staff are not even remotely friendly and they don't act like they want to help you. I'm not greeted when I walk in the door and the tellers don't smile or say thank you, doesn't matter what location I visit. The call center staff is even worse and show no compassion or concern for their customers at all. I recently had to use my overdraft to pay a couple checks, not something I ever want to do, but the situation could not be avoided.

I mailed 2 checks to the same company in the same envelope and the company sent them through my account on the same day. The bank decided to post the larger check first, causing me to incure 2 overdraft fees instead of only one. When I called to find out why they had done that and ask them to refund one of the fees they told me that the fees are not refundable since I wrote checks that I didn't have the money to cover. WOW!

However, I had plenty to cover the smaller $38 check and expected a fee for the larger one, but the bank decided to take advantage of the situation and charge me 2 fees. This is a horrible way to do business and Arvest would rather lose a 10 year customer, who has 3 accounts, 1 line of credit and a safe deposit box; than waive a $17 fee. I'm surprised they have any customers left.

I have since gone to a credit union that is 10 times more friendly and appreciative of my business.DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH ARVEST, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU AND WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU IF THEY HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY.

Review about: Arvest Bank Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.